- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk, and beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and mix on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks by hand until they are distributed relatively evenly throughout your cookie dough.
- Spoon your cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet in 2-tablespoon portions, spacing each spoonful of cookie dough roughly 2 inches apart from the others to allow for expansion during baking.
- Bake cookies one sheet at a time on the center rack of your oven for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a plate.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
One of the best things about this cookie recipe is that if you're a cookie dough nibbler you can have a bite of dough without having to worry about pesky things like getting horrifically ill from food poisoning since there are no raw eggs in this recipe!
Print this recipe